Friday, August 24, 2012

Inspiration and Instigation

It was quite remiss of me not to mention in my opening post why this blog exists.

Almost everyone else I know whom travels posts endless photos of their adventures on their Facebook profile - I've done it myself. Not everyone does though. My ace pals Alison and Shawn have their own way of documenting both their passion and their frequent trips (which are often combined), and that's via their super blog, Street Food.

These two funsters are relentless in their passion for seeking out and reviewing the (mostly) Asian street food they find not just in their beloved Sydney, but right around the world. Reading their updates make you feel like you're right in there with them, trying to work out what that delicious smelling plate of God-knows-what is.

Indeed, I have had the great pleasure of accompanying them on one or two of these culinary adventures, and it's not just a blast, but a great way to get a meal you certainly won't necessarily get down at your local shops.

Their blog is not just my inspiration, but it was Al whom suggested that I start this blog to document what happens on our trip over the next month. So here we are!

Please make the effort of having a look at the Street Food blog folks, it's WAY better than any Food Safari you might happen by.

No comments:

Post a Comment